The latest podcast episode of my podcast, brand new today, is a conversation with Prof. Massimo Pigliucci, author of How to be a Stoic and The Quest for Character. I’ve known Massimo for years and wanted to talk to him about how he first became interested in Stoicism, whether his views had changed, his interest in Skepticism and anti-pseudoscience, as well as what his new book says about Socrates, Alcibiades, good leadership, and the development of character.
In this episode, I chat with Tim LeBon, cognitive-behavioural psychotherapist, research director for the Modern Stoicism organization, and author of Wise Therapy: Philosophy for Counsellors, Teach Yourself Positive Psychology, and more recently, 365 Ways to be More Stoic, edited by my wife Kasey Pierce.
Topics covered include…
- How Tim first got into philosophical practice and Stoicism
- The relationship between Stoicism and CBT in general
- Stoicism and third-wave CBT — recent advances
- What Tim has learned about Stoicism from his experience as research director with Modern Stoicism
- What’s 365 Ways like? How it differs from other Stoicism books
Tim LeBon on Stoicism and Psychology – Stoicism: Philosophy as a Way of Life Podcast (private feed for email@example.com)
My conversation with Ryan Holiday for the Daily Stoic podcast, talking about Marcus Aurelius, Stoicism, and Verissimus, the graphic novel.
- How Donald Started Writing About Stoicism 01:50
- What Is Stoicism and Its Main Principles 07:55
- Stoicism VS Epicureanism 14:15
- Voluntary Hardship 21:32
- Stoicism and the Art of Happiness 24:45
- Who Was Marcus Aurelius 32:04
- How to Think Like a Roman Emperor 38:30
- Remembrance of Death 45:00
- Premeditation of Evils 58:22
- Marcus Aurelius and Commodus 01:04:55
- Donald’s New Graphic Novel About Marcus Aurelius 01:14:10
Listen to my interview on Marcus Aurelius and Alexander the Great for the new Modern Stoicism podcast.
In February, I had the pleasure of being invited to give a talk on Stoicism and mental resilience to the US Marine Corps University in Quantico. While I was there I went into their studio to record an interview for their podcast Eagles, Globes and Anchors. You can listen via any of the links below.