Brand new video just released today. I collaborated with animator Mr. Smart to produce this how-to video about Stoicism and coping with anger. Hope you enjoy!
Come and join our free Zoom webinar hosted by Matt Sharpe at Deakin University, Melbourne.
The Stoics considered anger to be the main focus of their therapy of the soul. We’re lucky enough to have an entire text by Seneca, On Anger, but Marcus Aurelius also talks extensively about anger in The Meditations. In one key passage, he lists ten distinct cognitive strategies for coping with anger, which can be compared to strategies employed in modern cognitive-behavioural therapy (CBT).
When: Friday August 28th, 10.30am (Melbourne, Australia time)
- How Donald Started Writing About Stoicism 01:50
- What Is Stoicism and Its Main Principles 07:55
- Stoicism VS Epicureanism 14:15
- Voluntary Hardship 21:32
- Stoicism and the Art of Happiness 24:45
- Who Was Marcus Aurelius 32:04
- How to Think Like a Roman Emperor 38:30
- Remembrance of Death 45:00
- Premeditation of Evils 58:22
- Marcus Aurelius and Commodus 01:04:55
- Donald’s New Graphic Novel About Marcus Aurelius 01:14:10
I said I’d upload a video of myself reading the final chapter from How to Think Like a Roman Emperor when we reached 500 reviews on Goodreads. So here it is…
When we reach 100 reviews on Amazon US, I’m going to release a new poster from by forthcoming graphic novel about Marcus Aurelius.