Donald Robertson is a cognitive-behavioural psychotherapist and author who specialises in the treatment of anxiety and the use of CBT and clinical hypnotherapy. He is the author of many articles on philosophy and psychotherapy in professional journals, and the books:
- Teach Yourself Stoicism and the art of Happiness (2013)
- Build your Resilience (2012)
- The Practice of Cognitive-Behavioural Hypnotherapy: A Manual for Evidence-Based Clinical Hypnosis (2012)
- The Philosophy of Cognitive-Behavioural Therapy: Stoicism as Rational and Cognitive Psychotherapy (2010)
- The Discovery of Hypnosis: The Collected Writings of James Braid (2009)
Donald was born and grew up in Ayrshire, on the west coast of Scotland. He also lived in England for about twenty years, before settling with his family in Nova Scotia, Canada. After doing his degree in philosophy at Aberdeen University he completed a masters degree in philosophy and psychotherapy at Sheffield University and went on to train in different models of psychotherapy, including doing a post-graduate diploma in advanced Cognitive-Behavioural Psychotherapy at Kings College.
Donald’s background in academic philosophy has helped him to appreciate the relationship between modern psychotherapy and ancient philosophy, a subject that he has frequently written about and lectured upon in training courses and professional conferences over the years.
Get my Newsletter
Subscribe to get information by email on new books and courses, special offers and discounts, etc.