Donald is the author of six books and many articles on philosophy, psychotherapy, and psychological skills training.
- How to Think Like a Roman Emperor: The Stoic Philosophy of Marcus Aurelius (2019)
- Stoicism and the Art of Happiness (2013), part of Hodder’s Teach Yourself series
- Build your Resilience (2012), part of Hodder’s Teach Yourself series
- The Practice of Cognitive-Behavioural Hypnotherapy: A Manual for Evidence-Based Clinical Hypnosis (2012)
- The Philosophy of CBT: Stoic Philosophy as Rational and Cognitive Psychotherapy (2010)
- The Discovery of Hypnosis: The Complete Writings of James Braid (2008)
He has also contributed chapters to The Routledge Handbook of the Stoic Tradition (2016) and The Beginner’s Guide to Counselling and Psychotherapy: 2nd Edition (2015), published by Sage. See Donald’s Google Scholar profile for a complete list of publications.
Free Email Course
Sign up today for our free email course on The Meditations of Marcus Aurelius. You'll receive weekly emails with my commentary on this classic Stoic text.