Donald is the author of six books and many articles on philosophy, psychotherapy, and psychological skills training.
- How to Think Like a Roman Emperor: The Stoic Philosophy of Marcus Aurelius (2019)
- Stoicism and the Art of Happiness (2013), part of Hodder’s Teach Yourself series
- Build your Resilience (2012), part of Hodder’s Teach Yourself series
- The Practice of Cognitive-Behavioural Hypnotherapy: A Manual for Evidence-Based Clinical Hypnosis (2012)
- The Philosophy of CBT: Stoic Philosophy as Rational and Cognitive Psychotherapy (2010)
- The Discovery of Hypnosis: The Complete Writings of James Braid (2008)
He has also contributed chapters to The Routledge Handbook of the Stoic Tradition (2016) and The Beginner’s Guide to Counselling and Psychotherapy: 2nd Edition (2015), published by Sage. See Donald’s Google Scholar profile for a complete list of publications.
The Stoic Handbook
Sign up today for our free email course on the Stoic Handbook. You'll receive weekly emails with my commentary on passages from Epictetus.