Stories of Character, Confidence and Success
Virtual conference from Plato’s Academy Centre
What does it mean to be a great leader? How can leadership help others to succeed? And how should we define success in the modern world? If you’re interested in these questions, this is the online event for you!
When you register you’ll have the option to donate an amount of your choosing (or even nothing).* All proceeds go toward the Plato’s Academy Centre nonprofit. Not available or in a different time zone? Don’t worry as recordings will be provided afterwards if you book your tickets now. Thanks for your support – it helps us to keep running these events in the future. (If you do not wish to make a donation, though, you can use the promo code NODONATION.)
What’s it all about?
We bring together a special program of world-class thinkers and renowned authors for an exclusive online event that you absolutely won’t want to miss.
Each speaker will share with you their knowledge and captivating insights into philosophy and leadership, including real life examples, practical advice, and effective strategies.
Additional speakers and presentation titles to be confirmed shortly!
- Keynote: Justin Stead, CEO of Radley, founder of the Aurelius Foundation (30 min.)
- Donald Robertson, author of How to Think Like a Roman Emperor and Verissimus: The Stoic Philosophy of Marcus Aurelius, president of Plato’s Academy Centre (20 min)
- Kasey Pierce, editor of Verissimus and 365 Ways to be More Stoic
- Vitaliy Katsenelson, author of Soul in the Game
- Tom Morris, author of The Everyday Patriot and If Aristotle Ran General Motors
- Diane Kalen-Sukra, author of Save Your City, and founder of civic leadership academy
- Andrew McConnell, author of Get out of My Head
- Ivan Biava, Senior Customer Director at Omie, founder of Estoicismo Prático
- Tiišetšo Maloma, author of Ubuntu Stoicism
- Artemios Miropoulos , author of The Nameless King:15 Stories of Leadership from Ancient Greece
- Eugenia Manolidou, founder of Elliniki Agogi
- Mick Mulroy, former Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense (DASD) for the Middle East. Senior Fellow for National Security and Defense Policy with the Middle East Institute, an Analyst for ABC News, and the Lobo Institute’s Co-founder
- Anya Leonard, founder of Classical Wisdom Weekly
- Dr. Sean Lyon, Professor of Leadership and Management, Department of Management, University of Guelph
NB: Details may be subject to change without prior notification.
Who will be hosting?
Our hosts will be Donald Robertson, the president of the Plato’s Academy Centre, and Anya Leonard, the founder and director of the Classical Wisdom website.
About Plato’s Academy Centre
The Plato’s Academy Centre is a new nonprofit, based in Greece, run by a multidisciplinary team of volunteers from around the world. Our mission is to make ancient Greek philosophy more accessible to a wider international audience and to celebrate the legacy of Plato’s Academy in Athens. Everyone is welcome to join us.
- Will recordings be available? Yes, everyone who orders a ticket in advance will automatically have access after the event to recordings of all presentations. So don’t worry if you’re unavailable at these times or located in another time zone.
- Will it be too academic for me? While many of our speakers are notable academics, the sessions are aimed at a nonacademic audience.
- How much does it cost? We’re making it free to register, so it’s available to the widest possible audience, but you’ll have the opportunity to make a donation, amount of your choosing. As a rough guide, tickets for a physical conference like this might normally cost €150. Your generosity helps support our nonprofit’s work and allows us to reach more people through future events. *If you do not wish to donate anything whatsoever, you may contact us directly to apply for a free ticket or simply enter the promo code NODONATION when booking.
- Where can I get updates? Follow our Facebook Event page and our Twitter account for updates on this event.
We’re grateful to our board of advisors, Orange Grove incubator, Classical Wisdom, and the Aurelius Foundation, for their support in bringing you this event. Special thanks to Phil Yanov, Gabriel Fleming, and Kasey Robertson for their help organizing the event.